Monday, August 20, 2007

Investment Wisdom

With the stock market in a late summer swoon, I thought some pearls of wisdom on the art of investing might take your mind off the non stop "the sky is falling" gibberish on CNBC. I hope you enjoy these.

  • If you see a bandwagon its too late. - James Goldsmith
  • You only see who's swimming naked when the tide goes out. - Warren Buffet
  • Individuals who cannot master their emotions are ill-suited to the investment process. - Benjamin Graham
  • The long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead. - John Maynard Keynes
  • If investing is entertaining, if your having fun, your probably not making any money. Good investing is boring. - George Soros
  • It's not the bulls and bears your need to avoid - it's the bum steers. - Chuck Hillis
  • Sometimes your best investments are the ones you don't make. - Donald Trump
  • I made my money by selling too soon. - Bernard Baruch
  • We are all wrong so often that it amazes me that we can have any conviction at all over the direction of things to come. but we must. - Jim Cramer
  • Don't bottom fish - Peter Lynch
  • I measure what is going on and I adapt to it. I try to get my ego out of the way. The market is smarter than I am so I bend. - Martin Zweig

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home