Friday, September 07, 2007

Stopping Credit Card Offers

If you are like me you mailbox must contain at least five pounds of mail from credit card offers every week. Gee, I don't know how they know I'm so broke! They come to me, to my wife, to my college age kids. Everyone it seems but the family dog.

If you want to stop the harassment (or stop the temptation) and save a few thousand trees you can call 888-567-8688 or visit www.optoutprescreen.com. The Direct Marketing Association created these avenues to allow consumers to request removal from marketing lists that use information provided by credit reporting agencies.

You student may still be tempted by easy credit offers. My 19 year old told me he filled out an application at school because he got a free meal at some fast food outlet, but at least its a start. It is also a chance to have a conversation with you young adult about the pitfalls and dangers of credit card usage.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home